8.2.07

wry, bacteria

Today was a kitchen day, again. My new Amrcan dorm mate and I are sharing bread and baking it ourselves. The math added up to be roughly equal to the super cheapness of Rema 1000's 4 kr bread and it is fun, if time consuming, to bake. And sometimes we need time consuming. I don't especially, as I should seriously be getting some of my big researchy type papers done. But baking is fun.

The really gross looking pic is the mixture of cultured milk and oil that I used in the bread. The bread is very tangy, probably from the kefir (technically that's the cultured milk that I used), and also because I decided to make a rye bread. I'm thinking next time I might favor barley or maybe barley and oats... yummy, bread...

I also made a stuffed red pepper and orange chicken for my dinner. Tasty. And I've been hitting up the salmon a lot this week. I've noticed that I've become a much less finicky eater since I came to Norway, as well as a more creative cook. For example, I actually create something for dinner nearly every night as opposed to grabbing a quick bowl from Noodles or deciding that cottage cheese and crackers is fine. For like, a week's worth of dinners. This must come from not having to go to school fulltime and work 3/4 time between two jobs... and the lack of cheap places to find a bite to eat. Though Madtown was not always the least expensive place. I think I've paid close to $8 for a burger there before. But is was a tasty burger... yum...

No comments: